Released: December 3, 2015
Department of Defense Neurofibromatosis Research Program
Fiscal Year 2016
The Neurofibromatosis Research Program (NFRP) program is administered by the US Army Medical Research and Materiel Command through the Office of the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP).
The NFRP is providing the information in this pre-announcement to allow investigators time to plan and develop ideas for applications to the FY16 NFRP Program Announcements once released. This pre-announcement should not be construed as an obligation by the government.
Areas of Emphasis: The FY16 NFRP will encourage research applications that specifically address the critical needs of the NF community in the following areas of emphasis:
Health services research
- Evidence-based clinical care pathways
- Innovative healthcare delivery systems
- Utilization of technology and informatics
- Heterogeneity of neurofibromas and other NF-related tumors
- Sleep, pain, hypotonia, etc. including quality of life measures, self-reported and otherwise
Novel disease and treatment response markers using genomics, epigenetics, systems biology, metabolomics or similar approaches
- Transition from benign to malignant
- Nutritional, environmental, and other modifiers of NF
- Post-adolescent manifestations
- Preclinical efficacy studies
- Target identification, drug discovery, targeted and immunotherapies
Award Mechanisms: The following mechanisms are planned for release and are subject to change, pending appropriations and receipt of funds.
- Clinical Trials Consortium Award
- Clinical Trials Award
- Exploration Hypothesis Development Award
- Investigator Initiated Research Award
- New Investigator Award
A pre-application is required and must be submitted through the electronic Biomedical Research Application Portal (eBRAP) at https://eBRAP.org prior to the pre-application deadline. All applications must conform to the final Program Announcements and General Application Instructions that will be available for electronic downloading from Grants.gov. The application package containing the required forms for each award mechanism will also be found on Grants.gov. A listing of all CDMRP funding opportunities can be obtained on the Grants.gov website by performing a basic search using CFDA Number 12.420.
Applications must be submitted through the federal government's single-entry portal, Grants.gov. Submission deadlines are not available until the Program Announcements are released. Requests for email notification of the Program Announcement release may be sent to help@eBRAP.org. For more information about other CDMRP administered programs, please visit the CDMRP website (https://cdmrp.army.mil).
Point of Contact:
CDMRP Public Affairs