Department of Defense
United States Army Medical Research Materiel Command
Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs
Released: December 28, 2011
CDMRP Research Funding for 2012
The Fiscal Year 2012 Department of Defense Appropriations Act provides research funding for the following peer reviewed programs managed by the Department of Defense (DoD) office of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP):
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Research Program - $6.4 million
- Autism Research Program - $5.1 million
- Bone Marrow Failure Research Program - $3.2 million
- Breast Cancer Research Program - $120 million
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Research Program - $3.2 million
- Gulf War Illness Research Program - $10 million
- Lung Cancer Research Program - $10.2 million
- Multiple Sclerosis Research Program - $3.8 million
- Neurofibromatosis Research Program - $12.8 million
- Ovarian Cancer Research Program - $16 million
- Peer Reviewed Cancer Research Program - $12.8 million
- Peer Reviewed Medical Research Program - $50 million
- Peer Reviewed Orthopaedic Research Program - $30 million
- Prostate Cancer Research Program - $80 million
- Spinal Cord Injury Research Program - $9.6 million
- Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Research Program - $5.1 million
Comprehensive Program Announcements are expected to be released during winter/spring of 2012. The announcements will include detailed descriptions of funding mechanisms, evaluation criteria, submission requirements, and deadlines. Each Program Announcement may be downloaded from the Grants.gov website (https://www.grants.gov), the CDMRP website (https://cdmrp.army.mil), and the CDMRP eReceipt website (https://cdmrp.org) upon its release.
Requests for e-mail notification of the Program Announcement releases may be sent to email@example.com.
After the Program Announcement is released and prior to the deadline, a Pre-Application (a Letter of Intent or Pre-Proposal) is required, and must be submitted through the CDMRP eReceipt website (https://cdmrp.org). Some required forms can also be found on this website. Full applications must be submitted through the Grants.gov website (https://www.grants.gov).
If further funding opportunities become available, additional announcements will be released on the CDMRP website. For more information about the CDMRP, previous awardees and Program Announcements, as well as other CDMRP-sponsored Programs and research highlights and videos, please visit the website at https://cdmrp.army.mil.
Point of Contact:
- Gail Whitehead