January 12, 2006
Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Research Program
Funding Opportunities for Fiscal Year 2006
The Fiscal Year 2006 (FY06) Defense Appropriations Act provides $80 million to the Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Research Program (PCRP). This program is administered by the US Army Medical Research and Materiel Command through the Office of the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP).
FY06 PCRP Program Announcements for the following funding mechanisms are expected to be released mid-January to mid-February 2006:
- Idea Development Award
- New Investigator Award
- Exploration - Hypothesis Development Award
- Health Disparity Research Award
- Health Disparity Training Award
- Prostate Cancer Training Award
- Physician Research Training Award
- Collaborative Undergraduate Historically Black Colleges and Universities Student Summer Training Award
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities Collaborative Partnership Award
- Clinical Trial Award
- Clinical Consortium Award
Detailed descriptions of each mechanism, evaluation criteria, submission requirements, and deadlines will be available in the FY06 PCRP Program Announcements. Each Program Announcement will be available electronically for downloading from the Grants.gov website (https://grants.gov) and the CDMRP website (https://cdmrp.army.mil) upon its release in mid-January to mid-February 2006.
Requests for e-mail notification of the Program Announcement release may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the PCRP or other CDMRP programs, please visit the CDMRP website.
Points of Contact:
- Gail Whitehead, Public Affairs Coordinator, 301-619-7783
Leo Giambarresi, Ph.D., PCRP Program Manager, 301-619-7850