Released: March 17, 2023
Department of Defense
Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP)
Military Burn Research Program
Anticipated Funding Opportunities for Fiscal Year 2023 (FY23)
The FY23 Defense Appropriations Act provides funding for the Military Burn Research Program (MBRP) to support advanced technology development to improve burn care outcomes. The managing agent for the anticipated funding opportunities is the CDMRP at the U.S. Army Medical Research and Development Command (USAMRDC).
The MBRP is providing the information in this pre-announcement to allow investigators time to plan and develop ideas for submission to the anticipated FY23 funding opportunities. The FY23 MBRP funding opportunity announcements for the following award mechanisms will be posted on the Grants.gov website. Pre-application and application deadlines will be available when the announcements are released.
Applications submitted to the FY23 MBRP must address one or more of the following Focus Areas:
- Atypical Burns: Development and/or validation of methods to prevent, triage, and/or treat burns resulting from exposure to cold, radiation, directed energy weapons, or high-voltage/combat-related electrical injuries. Novel interventions that go beyond topical agents or dressings are of particular interest.
- Burn Injury During Mass Casualty: Solutions to improve the triage, delivery, or capacity of care after burn mass casualty events.
- Burn injury-related complications: Development and/or validation of methods to prevent, assess, and/or treat burn injury-related complications, including:
- Over/under fluid resuscitation to include limited or low-volume resuscitation
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)
- Inhalation injuries
|Award Mechanism||Eligibility||Key Mechanism Elements||Funding|
|Clinical Translational Research Award||Investigators at all academic levels
|Technology/Therapeutic Development Award||Investigators at all academic levels
A pre-application is required and must be submitted through the Biomedical Research Application Portal (eBRAP) prior to the pre-application deadline. All applications must conform to the final funding opportunity announcements that will be available for downloading from the Grants.gov website. The application package containing the required forms for each award mechanism will also be found on Grants.gov. A listing of all CDMRP and other USAMRDC extramural funding opportunities can be obtained on the Grants.gov website by performing a basic search using Assistance Listing Number (ALN, formerly CFDA) 12.420.
Submission deadlines are not available until the funding opportunity announcements are released. For email notification when announcements are released, subscribe to program-specific news and updates under “Email Subscriptions” on the eBRAP homepage. For more information about the MBRP or other CDMRP-administered programs, please visit the CDMRP website (https://cdmrp.health.mil).
Point of Contact:
CDMRP Public Affairs